Wednesday, August 25, 2010

I WAS ROBBED AT GUNPOINT - DO NOT EVER TAKE YOUR SAFETY FOR GRANTED!


Current mood:  awake
Category: Life

Here I was last night…. I tried getting into bed, but I couldn’t sleep. I just stare at the ceiling and wonder about what happened tonight. Less than 7 hours ago, I had a gun pointed at me and  a man run off with my bag (with CASH, real CASH) in a place I would have never expected something like that to happen to me. I am going to tell you the full story in this blog. It’s not to scare you or make you feel sorry for me; I just think everybody needs to be aware of things that can happen and never take anything for granted.

I left the Barclays Bank at the Accra Mall with the hopes of meeting up with a Land-Lord and paying up my rent for a new apartment. Never had any idea or ever thought someone or some people may be following me. I thought I had everything I needed to close a rent agreement deal sealed up in my little bag. First thing I did was to call my agent and the Land-Lord, who assured me he’d be at the said apartment in a couple of minutes. This house was close to West Airport, right at the tip of Dzorwulu – which is or may just be a walking distance from the Accra Mall Barclays Bank.

I love my walks especially if I am giving the opportunity to do so hence I decided to walk for a while just to buy sometime whiles the Land-Lord and Agent made their way to the house. Little did I know someone was actually following me from the Bank through to the street right in front of the African Regent Hotel, right up to the Airport West Hotel area where I boarded a Cab because yeah I love to walk but boy … I was getting tired. Got to my destination within 1 minute, got down from the cab/taxi and within 20 meters or so walk, these idiots pulled over right in-front of me (whiles I was still on phone talking to a friend), and without saying a word I realized I was just about to be robbed and had to decide quickly what to do – Here I was with lots of cash on me running into 1000s of Ghana Cedis, my phone and my external hard-drives  - WHAT WOULD YOU HAVE DONE after seeing GUNS pulled and pointed at you in broad day light with on-lookers backing off into their respective houses – OMG!  Thought to myself, and screamed “OH SH*T I’M BEING ROBBED”. My decision after seeing the GUN – I threw the phone away into a ditch, they yelled at me for doing that and they came straight at my Bag (which if I had thrown away would have either landed me in trouble b’cos then they could have cut me or even recklessly shot me and still find the Black BAG and made away with the CASH.

They came straight to my bag as if they knew I had money in it which was why I had to ditch the phone quickly so they wouldn’t take that as well. Mind you these guys had they face fully uncovered and knew what they were looking for… Then again they coming for the bag certified my suspicion of they following me all the way from the Bank. QUESTION: Was it an insider or was it someone who just walks into BANKS, look around for people withdrawing heavy/lots of CASH and then notifying the Partner THUGS outside the Bank to trail people like me… IN ALL THINGS GIVE THANKS TO GOD. I thank GOD I was not hurt in anyway. I thank God for giving me back another chance to fulfill my purpose on this earth.

I don't want to scare anybody, but I wouldn't wish what happened to me on my worse enemy and that is even if I have a worse enemy. Times are tough. We all know the economy is bad and many people have lost or are in the process of losing their jobs. When some people are desperate, they may resort to crime. As I sit here writing this, I realize this could have been so much worse. They could have giving me a couple of cuts here and there, shot me or even beaten me up big time, or a number of other things. I thank God, they never touched me. All they wanted was my MONEY and I let them have it without a fight.
Most people think they may know what to do in situations like mine, trust me, your LIFE is worth more than someone robbing you of money and in the end killing you b’cos you fought back or tried defending yourself. I had people standing right in the middle of it as onlookers, yet they only came to my aide after the robbers had sped off on their motorbike.

Tonight also makes me realize just how precious life is. It is a gift. Tomorrow is not guaranteed, just as the quote on my home Facebook page (www.facebook.com/mtvbaseghana) states. Everything happened so fast when he pulled the gun out. I thought my life was going to be over. My Whole life played back in my head within seconds including all I ever dreamed to do on this earth that we reside in. My mother use to say "don't put off until tomorrow what you can do today." I tell you all, if you are waiting until the right time to live your dream, do something you always wanted to do, tell someone you appreciate them, etc., DON'T WAIT!!! Tomorrow may not come for you.

I must say, I am not tired at all. I feel like I just drank 3 cups of coffee. Oh well, hopefully I will make up for the lost sleep tomorrow night. 

Blessings, Peace & Light to you all and PLEASE BE SAFE. YOUR LIFE IS WORTH A LOT MORE THAN WHAT THIS WORLD WILL OFFER YOU MATERIALLY … GOD BLESS YOU AND MAKE SURE YOU SPEND TIME COUNTING ALL OF THE BLESSINGS AND SAYING THANK YOU FATHER FOR KEEPING ME SAFE.
STILL I RISE!!!!!!!!!!!!

I’d like to thank the following people for all the LOVE shown me during the hard times GOD BLESS YOU ALL

1.       Mabel Simpson (you’re the best of the Best)
2.       Barbara Yiadom
3.       Naya Sad
4.       Yaw Arhin
5.       Gloria Buckman Yankson
6.       Janet Bannerman
7.       Ernest Yankson
8.       Sefakor Gbewonyo
9.       Eric Andoh
10.   Dr. Justice Croffie
11.   Mr. Owusu Amoakohene
12.   My FOLKS (Love you)




No comments:

Post a Comment