Saturday, April 3, 2010

TRIBUTE BY THE KWABENA POKU GRANDSONS to OUR GRANDMA ABENA TIWAA AKOWUAH a.k.a. ABENA BRONI

“PROVERBS 31: 25-26 Strength and dignity are her clothing, and she smiles at the future. She opens her mouth in wisdom, and the teaching of kindness is on her tongue.”

Grandma we your Grandsons named after our Grandfather (Kwabena Poku) had some connection to you as your living husbands when our granddad passed away. As young as we are, we hope we were able to fill in for him by holding his name up high and knowing you loved us as much as you loved him.

Grandma, one of my personal favourite and much appreciated memories of your love for us was when you came to Tema during the hospitalization of my parents some 25 years ago for being involved in some serious accident. As young as I was, I do remember the Love and care you had for me in particular and I still cherished those moments.

To us (the KWABENA POKU’s)… God looked around His garden and found an empty place. He then looked down upon the earth, and saw your tired face. He put His arms around you and lifted you to rest. God's garden must be beautiful he always takes the best. He knew that you were suffering; he knew you were in pain. He knew that you would never get well on earth again.

For me, it is a very sad time to grieve the loss of Grandma Grace, the well-loved and admired matriarch of our family. I don't think I could fittingly describe all the ways she gave of herself to others. I have realized just how Grandma's life story impacted my own life, and her spirit will always be etched in my heart.

Thank you Grandma, for everything you gave to us.

We love you so much and already miss you dearly!

He saw the road was getting rough, and the hills were hard to climb. So He closed your weary eyelids, and whispered "Peace be thine." It broke our hearts to lose you but you didn't go alone for part of us went with you the day God called you home.

Grandma REST IN PEACE, Damrifa due

No comments:

Post a Comment